• Regulation shot guaranteed to meet specifications and weigh-in
• Great for high school competition and practice
• Priced to fit your budget
Shot Selection Criteria: What to know before you order.
Determining the correct diameter is based on the fingers being in proper throwing position. In order to obtain proper fitting of the shot to your athlete:
1. Analyze finger length--it's critical. Shot must rest on the pad (callus) of the palm, and fingers must be placed up the side of the shot. Throwers with "shorter" fingers may prefer the smaller diameter shot and believe it feels better at delivery. Athletes with longer fingers may feel more comfortable with the larger diameter.
2. The final decision is the thrower's personal choice. Coaches may need to provide 2-3 diameters (sizes) to provide the best fit for the whole team. Biomechanically speaking, the larger shots have a greater contact area and push zone.
Train like a champion with our weight accurate Champion Sports Shot Put. This all iron shot put is intended for training and made to last.
The 6 lb shot put is designed for male and female youth level practice.
The 8 lb shot put is designed for women’s high school or male junior level practice.
The 4 kg shot put is designed for women’s high school or male junior level practice.
The 12 lb shot put is designed for male high school level practice.
The 16 lb shot put is designed for male college level practice.
Help eliminate sector fouls. Lay out the correct sector for any throwing event. Comes with an all-weather vinyl template-7' in diameter to fit within both the shot put and discus circles, 2 durable sighting rods, 3' each in length to help in laying out the longer sectors. Easy to read instructions and diagrams on how to measure and mark the various sectors. Template is lined for shot, discus, hammer, 35 Lb. weight throw & javelin.
• Shot/discus carrier
• Reinforced vinyl
• Flap closure
• Available with heavy-duty handle and optional shoulder strap
Carry your shot and discus to and from meets with our convenient Shot and Discus Carrier. This reinforced vinyl bag with a flap closure features a heavy-duty handle and shoulder strap, making it a must-have for all throwers.
• They will not mar floor, yet retain their round shape.
• Soft shell shots are ideal for indoor meets and practice.
• Accurate weight
These Soft Shell Indoor Shots are extremely durable and dependable. Engineered for long lasting performance. Throw at a high level on a consistent basis. Best used indoors but can be used outdoors in a pinch. Colors may vary.
• 1 1/4" strip steel
• White painted circle
• Hinged construction
• Meets high school, college and international rules
This Shot Circle has a 2-piece design that hinges in center for economical UPS shipping. Made of 1/4" x 1 1/2" steel. Can be screwed or bolted down. Meets high school, college and international rules. Ships Small Package.
• Solid cast iron shot
• Balanced for high performance throws
• Meets NFHS specifications
Field athletes today follow in the footsteps of the ancient Greeks, and the Turned Iron Shot Put 125mm 16 lbs. keeps the tradition going strong. Solid cast iron shot has been balanced for high performance and machine turned to different diameters.
Optimum Shot Selection Criteria: to get the best fitting shot for your athletes' ability, fingers must be placed in proper throwing position behind the shot.
1. Finger placement and length is critical. Shot should rest on the pad (callus) of the palm with fingers up the side of the shot. Throwers with shorter fingers may prefer the smaller diameter shot and believe it feels better at delivery; athletes with longer fingers may like the feel of the larger diameter.
2. Final decision comes down to the thrower's personal choice and it may require 2-3 diameters to fit your entire team. Biomechanically speaking, larger shots provide the thrower with a greater contact area and push zone.