• They will not mar floor, yet retain their round shape.
• Soft shell shots are ideal for indoor meets and practice.
• Accurate weight
These Soft Shell Indoor Shots are extremely durable and dependable. Engineered for long lasting performance. Throw at a high level on a consistent basis. Best used indoors but can be used outdoors in a pinch. Colors may vary.
• 1 1/4" strip steel
• White painted circle
• Hinged construction
• Meets high school, college and international rules
This Shot Circle has a 2-piece design that hinges in center for economical UPS shipping. Made of 1/4" x 1 1/2" steel. Can be screwed or bolted down. Meets high school, college and international rules. Ships Small Package.
• Solid cast iron shot
• Balanced for high performance throws
• Meets NFHS specifications
Field athletes today follow in the footsteps of the ancient Greeks, and the Turned Iron Shot Put 125mm 16 lbs. keeps the tradition going strong. Solid cast iron shot has been balanced for high performance and machine turned to different diameters.
Optimum Shot Selection Criteria: to get the best fitting shot for your athletes' ability, fingers must be placed in proper throwing position behind the shot.
1. Finger placement and length is critical. Shot should rest on the pad (callus) of the palm with fingers up the side of the shot. Throwers with shorter fingers may prefer the smaller diameter shot and believe it feels better at delivery; athletes with longer fingers may like the feel of the larger diameter.
2. Final decision comes down to the thrower's personal choice and it may require 2-3 diameters to fit your entire team. Biomechanically speaking, larger shots provide the thrower with a greater contact area and push zone.